Austin Halo Laser Resurfacing Treatment
Halo Laser Resurfacing is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that uses laser technology to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pore-size, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars. If you’re looking for smoother, clearer, and more youthful-looking skin with minimal downtime, Austin Laser Resurfacing from Refine Aesthetics could be the answer.
What is Halo Laser Resurfacing?
Halo Laser Resurfacing is an enormously effective and minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that uses advanced laser technology to tackle skin concerns such as scars, discoloration, and the signs of aging. It’s a hybrid laser technology that combines both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths, allowing for a highly personalized and customized procedure. This unique feature of Halo skin treatment enables practitioners to tailor the treatment to each individual’s specific skin concerns and skin type.
The minimally invasive nature of Halo laser rejuvenation makes it a popular choice among those who want to improve the complexion of their skin without undergoing more invasive procedures like facelifts. Patients typically experience only a few days of redness, swelling and sensitivity after the procedure, with none to moderate significant downtime. Overall, Halo Laser Resurfacing is a safe and effective way to achieve a more youthful complexion.
How Does the Halo Laser Work?
Halo laser resurfacing uses both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to address your skin concerns. The ablative wavelength in the Halo skin resurfacing treatment precisely targets damaged skin cells, removing the outer layer of skin to reveal a fresh, new layer underneath. The non-ablative wavelength, on the other hand, delivers heat energy deep into the skin to kick-start collagen production and is how to improve skin texture and tone, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The combination of the two wavelengths results in a highly effective treatment that produces noticeable improvements in the appearance of the skin with minimal downtime with just one to two treatments.
What is Laser Resurfacing Recommended For?
Halo laser resurfacing is known to improve the appearance of many different skin concerns and conditions. These include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles – Halo Laser Resurfacing stimulates collagen production which improves your skin’s bounce and elasticity, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acne scarring – As the top layer is removed during the resurfacing procedure, scars become less apparent.
- Age spots and pigmentation issues – After resurfacing, a fresh new layer of skin is revealed which evens out the skin tone and reduces the appearance of discoloration.
- Sun damage – Both the collagen stimulation and the removal of the top layer of skin help to reduce any sun damage you may have experienced.
- Uneven skin tone and texture – Collagen helps to smooth out the texture while revealing a new layer of skin helps to even the skin tone.
- Melasma – when the top layer of skin is removed, the appearance of melasma is dulled and the skin becomes more even-toned.
- Enlarged pores – collagen production helps to tighten pores making them less visible.
- Surgical scars – Similar to acne scarring, revealing a new layer of skin makes scars less visible.
- Actinic Keratosis – both skin resurfacing and collagen stimulation can help to reduce the effects of actinic keratosis (pre-cancerous skin lesions).
- Hyperpigmentation – Halo laser resurfacing is one way how to get rid of hyperpigmentation you may have.
This is just the beginning. Halo Laser Resurfacing can improve the appearance of many other skin conditions so be sure to consult with your aesthetic provider to find out if it’s right for you.
Benefits of Halo Laser Treatments
Halo laser treatment has gained popularity for its multiple benefits. Some of the benefits associated with Halo laser treatment include:
- Increased Collagen Production: Halo laser treatment stimulates collagen production, which helps to rejuvenate and tighten the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Long-lasting Results: The results of Halo laser light treatment are long-lasting, providing patients with a more youthful and refreshed complexion for several months after the procedure.
- Immediate Results: Patients can see immediate results after their Halo laser treatment, including smoother and brighter skin, with continued improvement over the following weeks.
- Less of Downtime: Unlike traditional Ablative laser treatments, Halo laser treatment requires less downtime, making it a convenient and low-impact option for busy individuals. Most patients are out of commission for 2-4 days depending on settings chosen for treatment.
- Cooler Months: Halo laser treatment is often used during the cooler months because it helps to improve the appearance of sun damage and skin texture with less risk of adverse events. Additionally, the cooler months provide an opportunity for the skin to heal and recover after the procedure, before being exposed to the sun again in the summer.
Overall, Halo laser treatment provides patients with a safe, effective, and convenient way to achieve a more youthful and refreshed appearance, with long-lasting results and minimal downtime.
What to Expect From the Laser Resurfacing Procedure
A consultation with the professionals at Refine Aesthetics is an important step in the Halo Laser Resurfacing process. During the consultation, we will assess your skin, discuss your cosmetic goals, and determine if Halo laser resurfacing is right for you.
During the consultation, you can expect the following: we will discuss your medical history and come up with an appropriate treatment plan. Your practitioner will also discuss how to properly prepare your skin for the procedure, including avoiding sun exposure, discontinuing certain medications, and avoiding certain skincare products in the days leading up to the procedure.
By properly preparing your skin for Halo laser resurfacing, you can help to ensure the best possible outcome and achieve the results you desire.
What Does the Halo Treatment Look Like?
A typical Halo laser resurfacing appointment lasts between 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the extent of the treatment area. The following is a general overview of what you can expect during a Halo laser resurfacing appointment:
- Pain Reduction: A prescription topical numbing cream is applied an hour prior to the treatment to minimize any discomfort during the procedure. We also offer Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) during the procedure if desired to help make you feel the most comfortable.
- Cleansing: The treatment area will be cleansed beforehand to remove topical numbing and decrease bacteria on the surface of the skin.
- Protective Eyewear: Protective eyewear will be provided to protect your eyes from the laser light.
- Laser Treatment: The Halo laser handpiece will be gently moved over the treatment area, emitting pulses of laser light to resurface the skin. Your skin will feel warmer with each pass.
- Aftercare: A cooling and soothing treatment, such as biocellulose or a specialized post-procedure product, will be applied to the skin to reduce any redness and provide comfort. We also give the patient cooler air/fan to decrease the heat sensation.
During the procedure, you may feel a mild to moderate warming sensation. This is normal and steps are given to help mitigate pain.
It‘s crucial to follow all aftercare instructions provided by your practitioner so you can minimize the risk of any adverse reactions and ensure the best possible outcome.
Halo Laser Resurfacing Recovery
The recovery process after Halo laser resurfacing typically takes several days to a week. In the days following your procedure, your skin may experience redness, swelling, and dryness/flaking. You may also notice some exfoliation of the outer layer of skin, which is expected and a totally normal part of the healing process. The superficial layers of the skin were injured to help resurface the new fresh skin underneath.
After your Halo Resurfacing procedure, It’s crucial to protect your skin from the sun. You’ll also want to keep your skin moisturized to help reduce any discomfort and kick-start the healing process. Your Refine Aesthetics practitioner may recommend creams to help soothe the skin and reduce redness and swelling.
You will want to avoid wearing makeup entirely for a few days after your treatment. Avoid harsh skin products like retinol, as well. Your practitioner will give you specific instructions on how to care for your skin during the recovery period, and it is important to follow these instructions carefully to see the results you’re hoping for.
How Many Halo Treatments Will You Need?
Depending on the person’s skin concerns as well as their personal goals, more Halo laser resurfacing sessions may be required to get the desired results. Most people see great results after one or two treatments, while other people might require more sessions to get the skin they’re after.
In order to determine the optimal amount of treatments for you, a skilled professional at Refine Aesthetics will evaluate your skin’s condition and chat with you about your goals. You’ll get tailored advice specific to you and your desired outcome
Depending on a number of variables, such as your skin type, sun exposure, and lifestyle choices, the effects of Halo laser resurfacing can last anywhere from a few months to a year. Patients often repeat the treatments every nine to twelve months in order to preserve the effects. On the basis of your unique demands and skin condition, your specialist will provide precise suggestions for maintenance and touch-up treatments during the consultation process.
How Much Does Laser Resurfacing Cost in Austin?
Depending on the size of the area you’re treating and your particular skin concerns, the average cost of a single Halo laser treatment in Austin is between $1,000 and $3,500.
Consider the Halo laser treatment as an investment into your skin and overall well-being when evaluating the cost of the procedure.
We suggest scheduling a consultation with one of our skilled practitioners so we can give you a precise estimate and work with you to create a customized treatment plan.
Are You a Good Candidate for Laser Resurfacing?
The perfect candidate for Halo laser treatment is someone who has mild to moderate skin concerns and who is eager to follow aftercare instructions to achieve the best possible results. Patients who had a history of cold sores need to be prophylactically treated prior to and during their Halo treatments. It’s also not the best choice during summer months and should not be performed on patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
When you sit down for your consultation with one of our Halo laser Austin practitioners, we’ll take it all into consideration and make the best recommendation customized for your skin.
Book a Halo Laser Resurfacing in Austin Today!
Refine Aesthetics laser resurfacing, Austin, TX, offers professional Halo Laser Resurfacing performed by the best skilled and experienced practitioners in Austin. Book your consultation today to get one step closer to your skin goals!